It's hot. It's dry. Lawns are suffering.
We've got something to help ...
Enhanced Gypsum with SynGen
6 lb/M for 60 days activity (Early June) – or -
4 lb/M lasts 45 days (Mid-May, Mid-June, Mid-August) *
· Irrigated Turf – Improves infiltration allowing property owners to reduce the frequency of irrigation and quantity of water applied to maintain healthy, durable turf
· Non irrigated turf or extremely sandy soils – Capitalize on natural precipitation by promoting deeper infiltration, reducing runoff, and avoiding hydrophobic conditions
· Improves infiltration of irrigation and natural precipitation
· Preserves water retention by increasing penetration into the soil and thatch
· Water penetrating deeper into the root zone expands the reservoir of water available to roots, and is less prone to evaporation
· Reduces disease pressure by eliminating excess moisture at the surface
· Improves performance of fertility program by increasing nutrient availability and preserving a consistent soil solution
Additional Water Savings Tips
· Install Smart Controller capable of adjusting run times to account for actual or average monthly demand (ET) and natural precipitation
· 70% weekly ET replacement will provide at least 10% savings relative to traditional recommendations for cool season turf
· Reduce frequency of irrigation
o May 15 to June 15 – every 3 days
o June 15 to Sept 1 – every other day
o Sept 1 to Oct 1 – 2 days per week
§ Irrigation events aren’t set in stone, please use local knowledge of soils and adjust accordingly.
Why add a surfactant program for my lawn?
· This program contributes to a more Environmentally, Economically, and Socially sustainable model for turf management.
· More effective irrigation will reduce water bills to offset the cost of the program
· Better water management enhances the benefits of all other maintenance programs (fertilizer, over-seeding, aeration)
· Reduced water consumption helps conserve water, protects valuable water resources by reducing the potential for runoff and leaching
How to Maximize the Benefits
· Incorporate Enhanced Efficiency Fertilizers in your programs and target 2.5 -3.5 pounds of Nitrogen annually (depending on dominant grass species) without sacrificing quality or performance
o Better control over growth rate reduces demand for water and improves after cut appearance on lawns
o Adjust timing and sources of Nitrogen applications to maximize root development in fall and minimize carbohydrate consumption in spring and summer
· Combine program applications to maximize efficiency
o Switch to Acelepryn/Dimension combo product for reduced environmental impact on beneficial insects
o Surfactant applications in June and July produces resilient turf and promotes recovery from pests and heat stress
· Surfactant programs compliment aeration and over-seeding services designed to establish and promote more drought tolerant grasses by managing soil moisture from germination through establishment.
*For best results use the 4lb rate before the onset of turf stress and warm conditions.